A trademark is an identifiable logo or sign that sets your product or services from other competitors. Trademarks help customers identify the source of the product that they’re looking at. Even though filing a trademark has become a lot simpler today, sometimes getting a trademark involves several steps which are critical as well as complicated. Hiring a trademark attorney isn’t crucial, but it’s sure beneficial. Here are some of the main reasons why you should hire a trademark attorney:
- Assistance In Trademark Research- A trademark attorney is able to assist you in obtaining a suitable and legally acceptable trademark and slogan for your business. The lawyer would put together a research report of the trademark made by you and may counsel you regarding the results of the research. Throughout counseling, you may seek clarification about any doubts that you may have about the process and pricing of registration. You may also have many questions about how to register a trademark, and the attorney can answer them.
- Trademark application- A trademark application is officially able to be submitted by the proprietor or a trademark agent. The process of submitting an application like this is easy, but keep in mind that this will affect the whole registration process, so you need to make sure there aren’t any mistakes in the application. Your trademark lawyer knows the legal technicalities and is thus able to make the process simpler for you. A trademark attorney also assists in shunning expensive mistakes while you choose and make use of the trademark for your company.
- Assist in avoiding registration mistakes- Having a trademark increases the chances of greater sales volumes and improves the profit margins of your business. A registered trademark can increase the visibility of your business not only in the marketplace but also in the online world. The majority of businesses today use trademarks to make their brand stand out to customers online and offline. A trademark attorney can help you get the trademark registered while you channel your energy in business and also save you a lot of hassle and valuable time. Your attorney is also able to protect you from making mistakes that could cost a lot of money and time.
- When starting a new business- If you’re planning to start a new business, then you have to seek guidance from an experienced trademark lawyer in order to understand the trademark basics and facts. You should involve the expertise of an experienced trademark attorney before you decide to commit any money or resources for a specific trademark.
- Avoiding potential conflicts- Your trademark attorney is also able to assist in avoiding potential conflicts with other trademark owners. This means that if you have acquired and utilized a trademark already, your lawyer is able to do research to discover any trademark infringements necessary. If there are any conflicts, then the lawyer is able to legally settle the case legally in order to protect you from any further damage
Some other areas where a trademark attorney may be beneficial include: help with federal registration, meeting the requirements of USPTO, and writing a cease and desist letter.
If you are seeking legal counsel regarding intellectual property litigation, call Behren Law Firm in Weston, FL today.